This Sunday is our Annual Meeting. We will gather as usual at for coffee, check-ins and informal discussion, and the Annual Meeting will begin at 11:00. Everyone is invited to participate in the discussion; decisions are by consensus of members. If you’d like, bring a snack to share.
Annual Business Meeting. The annual business meeting shall be held each year on the third Sunday of May, to hear reports of officers and staff, to appoint new officers and committees, to adopt an annual budget, and to transact any other business that may properly come before the congregation.
(From the Bylaws)
Election of Officers (Until the beginning of the church year after the membership reaches 15, the officers shall be the President, the Moderator, the Chair of Ministry and Oversight, and a Secretary/Treasurer, who will serve as the Board and Nominating Committee. The congregation as a whole will carry out the functions of the Committee on Ministry and Oversight.)
The current officers , slated for re-election, are
- Moderator – Lisa deGruyter
- Committee on Ministry and Oversight Chair – John Hall
- President – Patricia Dennison
- Secretary/Treasurer – Robert Helfer
Annual Review of the Covenant of Right Relations.
Planning and Budget for 2019-2020 Church Year (starts July 1)
- outreach to the larger community and how we could accomplish that
(including detailed planning for Clarksburg First Fridays, which we have decided to try)
- whether we should resume an adult education session or structured discussion at 10
- whether we should return to coffee hour after the service (which would mean starting the service earlier or renegotiating hours with PWA)
- whether we should have one or more longer planning/visioning sessions, possibly not on Sunday morning
We have returned to meeting in person. Currently masks are not required and vaccinations are strongly encouraged.
Our services are Sundays at 11 a.m. at the Progressive Women’s Association Event Center, 305 Washington Ave. in downtown Clarksburg, behind the Courthouse. There are classes for children and adults 10 to 10:45 am, and a coffee gathering before the service. More about us.
Classes and worship are replaced by Spiritual Outings on the first Sunday of each month during the summer, with brief worship, a potluck picnic, and outdoor activities. The schedule is in the sidebar.
We would love to have you come worship with us.
Children are welcome. There is childcare and an activity for young children during the service.
The building is wheelchair accessible, with an accessible restroom.