For each day of Chalica we will offer activities, some are fun and some are more reflecting, a chalice lighting, and a meditation. Gather everyone together, light the chalice, and breathe into the principles with us each day.
- Watch a Christmas Carol. (Scrooge learns an important lesson)
- Make “I am Thankful for you because” cards for your friends and family.
- Make nice notes, cookies, or a small craft for your neighbors, especially the ones you don’t get along with.
- Write in a journal what the first principle means to you.
- Spend time with people you don’t usually get along with, those with different religions, political views, or cultural identities. Find things you like about them
- Go serve at a homeless shelter
- Donate toys, blankets, or clothes to a shelter (do it in person so you can see who you are helping).
- Write an apology letter to someone you hurt this year.
- Write a letter of forgiveness to someone who hurt you this year.
Chalice Lighting: (If you don’t have a chalice at home, remember that the point of a chalice is that it is a symbol so any candle will work.)
Love can transform the world By Maureen Killoran
Love is the aspiration, the spirit that moves and inspires this faith we share.
Rightly understood, love can nurture our spirits and transform the world.
May the flame of this chalice honor and embody the power and the blessing of the love we need, the love we give, the love we are challenged always to remember and to share.
Our Meditation today is about Love. Focusing on love helps us to remember that each person is important.
Here is a musical meditation as well. “Perfect” by P!nk is about knowing that you have worth and others have worth. Enjoy.