For each day of Chalica we will offer activities, some are fun and some are more reflecting, a chalice lighting, and a meditation. Gather everyone together, light the chalice, and breathe into the principles with us each day.
- Cook a meal you’ve never made before, especially one from another culture
- Attend a lecture, visit a museum, or go to see a play. Discuss the event with someone around you.
- Discuss your religious beliefs and how they have changed over the years.
- Write a journal entry about acceptance and spiritual growth
- Play a board game with family or friends that none of you have ever played before
- Meditate on something from each of the Six Sources
Chalice Lighting: (If you don’t have a chalice at home, remember that the point of a chalice is that it is a symbol so any candle will work.)
Thirsty By Gregory Pelley
And so we gather, from the ebb and flow of our lives
Thirsty for connection to ourselves
Thirsty for connection to others
Thirsty for connection to the larger life.
As we light this chalice
May all who gather here be filled:
Filled with joy and hope
Filled with compassion and love
Here, may we be filled
So that we may pour ourselves out
into the world.
There are two meditations today one about building spiritual walls and one about choice.
Here is a musical meditation as well. U2’s “Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” is about doubt, which is part of Acceptance and Spiritual Growth.