For each day of Chalica we will offer activities, some are fun and some are more reflecting, a chalice lighting, and a meditation. Gather everyone together, light the chalice, and breathe into the principles with us each day.
- Identify ways your family can be more green. Start a compost, recycle, bike more? As a family, choose one and commit!
- Clean up trash at a park or in your neighborhood.
- Advocate that your workplace, or your school, be more eco-friendly. Ask for recycle bins and reuse as much as possible.
- Volunteer at a local animal shelter.
- Shop your local farmer’s market for local and organic fruits and veggies.
- If you aren’t already vegetarian or vegan, plan to make a vegetarian or vegan meal.
- As the saying goes, “Reuse, Reduce, Recycle.” Today, recycle something from your house that would have been trash and create something with it: art, a gift, or a handy item.
- Write a journal entry about how the world is connected together.
- Rescue an animal.
Chalice Lighting: (If you don’t have a chalice at home, remember that the point of a chalice is that it is a symbol so any candle will work.) Since it is the last day there are two.
We light this chalice for the web of life which sustains us,
For the sacred circle of life in which we have our being,
For the Earth, the Sky, Above and Below, and
For our Mother Earth, and for the Mystery.
There are two meditations.
Here is a musical meditation as well. This is Peter Mayer’s “Blue Boat Home”.