During this time of Thanksgiving and fellowship with family, we cannot neglect that sometimes family is not the group of people who pick you up when you fall down.
This weeks service will be about finding your tribe and knowing how you have found your tribe.
Hopefully, you will find that part of your tribe is with us.
Please join us for coffee and conversation at 10:45 a.m. on Sunday, November 22, at the Progressive Women’s Association’s Uptown Event Center, 305 Washington Ave. in downtown Clarksburg, West Virginia. The worship service starts at 11:00. Our ongoing Religious Education classes begin at 10:00.
For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our web site at https://westforkuu.org/
After much deliberation, we have come to the decision to hold services every Sunday. This will start on November 1, 2015. We believe that we have enough people coming regularly to make this leap. We will continue to have guests as often as we can. Thinking ahead, here is our service calendar for the next couple of months with service leaders and some topics. The details of the services will be posted on the blog the Sunday evening before the service.
- October 18 – Rev. James Reeb, UUs and Equality – John
- November 1 – Day of the Dead – Lisa
- November 8 – Reconciliation and Forgiveness– Cricket
- November 15 – Visiting Guest Rev. Donald Rollins – look for Music and Fun
- November 22 – UU History – Robert
- November 29 – Finding Your Tribe – Cricket
- December 6 – Living UU Principles – Lisa
- December 13 – Children/ Youth – John and Kids
- December 20 – Seasonal – Robert and Lisa
- December 27th We will not be having a service on this Sunday. We do invite you all to join us as we travel to Marietta OH on Christmas Eve.
Also we will be starting a religious education program. The adults will be working on Building Your Theology and the children will be working on What do You Stand For? We will be doing Religious Education from 10 to 10:45 on Sunday Mornings Starting November 1st. We will have time for coffee and sharing at 10:45 am and then the worship service will begin at 11am. We will still be in the PWA Uptown event center at 305 Washington Ave. in Clarksburg, WV.
Hope to see you there.
Often we get so excited when we see young adults at services we forget that they are putting out feelers and we might need to be on our better behavior. Here are some things to say to fresh faces during coffee hour.