For each day of Chalica we will offer activities, some are fun and some are more reflecting, a chalice lighting, and a meditation. Gather everyone together, light the chalice, and breathe into the principles with us each day.
- Volunteer as a family or make a plan to volunteer on a regular basis
- Write a Holiday card for a veteran, person, at a nursing home, or a neighbor
- Go for a walk and randomly compliment people you pass.
- Write a journal entry about what peace means to you
- Write a journal entry about what liberty means to you
- Write a journal entry about what justice means to you
- Read stories of injustice from around the world
- Read about other holidays from around the world.
Chalice Lighting: (If you don’t have a chalice at home, remember that the point of a chalice is that it is a symbol so any candle will work.)
If ever there were a time for a candle in the darkness,
this would be it.
Using a spark of hope,
kindle the flame of love,
ignite the light of peace,
and feed the flame of justice.
There are two meditations.
Here is a musical meditation as well. This is “Happy Xmas (War Is Over)” by John & Yoko, The Plastic Ono Band with The Harlem Community Choir.