The longest day of the year has arrived. Summer is finally here. This is a major holiday for pagan communities all over the world.
Have a Blessed and wonderful day!
Program 487: Scandinavian Solstice; Italy 2017
Release Date: 06-17-2017
Hear how the summer solstice is celebrated in Scandinavia, where the official start of summer is a big deal. Then listen in as Italian friends discuss the effects of their country’s high unemployment rate — and how Italians are meeting the challenge — before taking listener calls to share tips for a “dolce vita” vacation. And come along as we visit with some Tuscan craftsmen keeping traditions alive in their hill town home.
- Pal Johansen, tour guide from Oslo
- Nina Bernardo, Italy tour guide from Rome
- Cecilia Bottai, Italian tour guide and vintner
- Ann Long, Italy tour guide from Sorrento
- Feature on Montepulciano, Italy from Cameron Hewitt